Updated: Mar 9, 2021
When you explore options for your healing, choose wisely. Investigate whether the recommendations are based on scientific evidences and have been carefully studied and not purely anecdotal. Do not be swayed by a persuasive tongue which aims to squeeze out some money from you. Pay for value rather than empty promises. Ask the Holy Spirit for discernment with regards to the choice of your treatment regimen. Remember the eight recommendations of the World Cancer Research Fund (WCRF) which is a not-for-profit association that unites different charities worldwide to fund research and education programs on the link between food, nutrition, weight maintenance and cancer risk. They are as follows:
1. Maintain a normal range for weight and Body Mass Index (BMI)
2. Move your body at least 30 minutes a day or 30-45 minutes 3-5 x a week
3. Limit consumption of energy-dense food and sugary drinks
4. Eat a predominantly whole food plant based (WFPB) diet
5. Limit intake of red meat and avoid processed meat
6. Avoid alcoholic beverages
7. Limit consumption of salt
8. Meet the nutritional needs through diet alone except for Vitamin B12 supplementation
Today is Day 13 of the 30 days to Change Your Life After Cancer Diagnosis. When you PAUSE, you reflect on God's words. When you PRAY, you ask for God's help, And when you PERFORM, you do your best and God will do the rest because "...faith without works is dead."(James 2:26)
From 1 Corinthians 1:25, "For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength."
Lord, Jesus Christ, You bore our sufferings and carried our sorrows. May you send the Holy Spirit to guide us as we decide what treatment would be best for us. Enlighten our minds to weigh the choices set before us. We ask for the intercession of Mama Mary as we entrust ourselves to her, our body and soul, our goods, both interior and exterior and the value of all our good actions. All these we ask in Jesus Mighty Name. AMEN.
Follow the recommendations of the WCRF regarding diet, physical activity and weight maintenance.
Please share to inspire others.